none
Can I write a value into register programmatically? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Chanhyun,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What is the type of VS extension?

Since this forum is discussing about debugging tools, profiler tools, and ultimate intellitrace in visual studio, and this issue is more related to visual studio Integrate, so I will move this thread to Visual Studio Integrate forum for better support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, May 10, 2019 2:43 AM
  • Hi Chanhyun,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Do you mean you want to write value into register(hardware) or rigistry in windows?

If you want to write value into register(hardware), I'm afraid it's impossible to do this by VS extension SDK. The API in vs now doesn't support this. 

As I check to write value into register(hardware) you need to use language like C and assembly language. If I misunderstand anything, please feel free to correct me :)

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards

Lance

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 10, 2019 9:28 AM