none
LightSwitch Preview 2 to Release RRS feed

• Question

• Preview 1 projects could not be migrated to Preview 2. If we build substantial projects in Preview 2, will they be usable with the Release version when it comes. We are over the trial and prototype stage but don't want to start serious work if we cannot deploy the projects into the release version.

Geoff Schaller Software Objectives

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Geoff,

I asume that you write about the HTML Preview. I would suggest to ask such questions inside the HTML Preview forum at LightSwitch HTML Client Preview

And a preview is always a preview only for Microsoft. I doubt that they will find any message from Microsoft that they support anything. I know such messages starting with a RC normaly.

So I could understand people starting to use a RC (I used VS 2012 RC for an LightSwitch application, too) but I would double check the possibilities even before using a Beta product.

But that is my personal view and what the company I am working in is doing only.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Although I understand the point you make about needing to test more intricate projects, but I agree with Konrad, until the product is out of preview status, you can't depend on the projects created with it 2 being able to be opened in the final product.

Absolutely anything could change between now & release.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

• Marked as answer by Geoff Schaller Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Geoff,

I asume that you write about the HTML Preview. I would suggest to ask such questions inside the HTML Preview forum at LightSwitch HTML Client Preview

And a preview is always a preview only for Microsoft. I doubt that they will find any message from Microsoft that they support anything. I know such messages starting with a RC normaly.

So I could understand people starting to use a RC (I used VS 2012 RC for an LightSwitch application, too) but I would double check the possibilities even before using a Beta product.

But that is my personal view and what the company I am working in is doing only.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Thanks for the response, even though it wasn't really a response :). I will re-ask this in the Client forum. The issue is that most of us are over creating and testing toys and tiny apps. To get any further you need to test under load and scale, something almost impossible in a testing environment without substantial expense. If Microsoft is genuine about real feedback they applications of scale to review. I would have thought they would provide some way to assist an upwards migration path.

Geoff Schaller Software Objectives

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:38 PM
  • Although I understand the point you make about needing to test more intricate projects, but I agree with Konrad, until the product is out of preview status, you can't depend on the projects created with it 2 being able to be opened in the final product.

Absolutely anything could change between now & release.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

• Marked as answer by Geoff Schaller Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 7:42 AM