none
How to install the Office Developer tools in VS 2015? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install the Office Developer Tools, but I'm constantly getting this issue:

I have access only to Visual Studio 2015 not 2017. Thanks for your support.

Federico Navarrete

Tuesday, July 31, 2018 2:19 PM

Answers

• The screen shot you provide shows "Microsoft Office Developer Tools Update 2 for Visual Studio 2015". Notice the word "UPDATE".

If you haven't already installed the Office Developer Tools then the update can't be installed. Looking at the download page for what you're trying to install the requirements clearly state that "Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015" must already be installed.

As Terry advises you, run the Visual Studio 2015 installer to first install the full VSTO. Then if you really need the update package you can install it.

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

• Marked as answer by FANMixco Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:37 AM
    Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:26 AM

All replies

• Hello FanMixco,

Please try to check if below document helpful.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2015/11/23/latest-microsoft-office-developer-tools-for-visual-studio-2015/

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hi Terry,

Thanks for your answer, but it doesn't work since it downloads the installer that I showed, which is not working.

Federico Navarrete

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:00 AM
  • Hello Federico,

Which is the version of the Visual Studio did you install? Could below thread work for you?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/a1bdfc6a-9938-409d-a6d3-37ded4b2e2be/visual-studio-community-vsto?forum=vsto

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Hi Terry,

I have Visual Studio 2015 Professional Edition Update 3.

Federico Navarrete

• Edited by FANMixco Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:47 AM
  • Hello FANMixco,

Could you run Visual Studio Installer and then modify the install?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support

Friday, August 3, 2018 5:27 AM
  • The screen shot you provide shows "Microsoft Office Developer Tools Update 2 for Visual Studio 2015". Notice the word "UPDATE".

If you haven't already installed the Office Developer Tools then the update can't be installed. Looking at the download page for what you're trying to install the requirements clearly state that "Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015" must already be installed.

As Terry advises you, run the Visual Studio 2015 installer to first install the full VSTO. Then if you really need the update package you can install it.

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

• Marked as answer by FANMixco Wednesday, May 15, 2019 8:37 AM
    Sunday, August 5, 2018 9:26 AM