Devexpress Reports after March update RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone,

I've been using Devexpress reports from day 1 of it's release and I'm very familiar with the suite. Since the March update I can no longer get the reports in newer projects to see any datasources and wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issues?

I emailed Seth Juarez about the issue and he is basically suggesting that they have discontinued support for Lightswitch which is disappointing from my point of view, so there will be nothing they can do about it based on that fact.

I'm just trying to get to know if other people are experiencing this or not? It's a shame about Devexpress dropping Lightswitch as I've invested a lot of time and effort in Lightswitch and not having a viable reporting option for the silverlight client is really disappointing!

Anyway, I'd love to hear back from anyone that has had the same trouble and if they've managed to over come it or not?

Thanks,

Paul.

Friday, April 25, 2014 6:30 PM

All replies

• I've had the datasources not show up in VS2013 projects that contain msls-2.0 (with March update) but I haven't tried any projects with msls-2.5.  I would delete the XtraReport class that wasn't working, add a new one, and the datasources would then show up.
    Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:34 AM
  • Hi,

Yeah this is a problem but there is a workaround:

1. Create the report

2. In the code behind reportname.Designer. Add the datasource manual(two rows)

Under

Private

SubInitializeComponent()

Me.LightSwitchDataSource1 = NewDevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource()

And in bottom of the page:

Friend

WithEventsLightSwitchDataSource1 AsDevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource

Build and go back to the designer. Choose the datasource in the dropdown and mark the datasource in the designer and under properties choose Datasource (query).

Done and working again.

Maby there is a better way but it works.

Regards

Sven

Sven Elm

Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:20 AM
  • Don't think it will work. You have to do it manual like in my post above.

Regards

Sven

Sven Elm

Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:23 AM
  • Sven,

That is an excellent solution which will hopefully give our reporting solution a little more longevity than it might otherwise have had! Thanks for sharing your solution, that's helped me a lot. I've rated the post up +1.

Thanks Sven!

Paul.

Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:00 PM
  • Glad it helped.

Sven Elm

Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:36 PM
  • nice work Sven...
    for C# user, you can use this code...

Under private void InitializeComponent()

this.LightSwitchDataSource = new DevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource();

and this bottom page DevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource LightSwitchDataSource;

How about install Extention ?
    because, if we create new project, the Devexpress Extention not include
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:43 PM
  • Hi Sven,

workaround look´s good, but i´m not familar with VB.

i try it in C#, added LightSwitchDataSource Object to report,

but in designer Datasource not Show.

Here is the code :

namespace LightSwitchApplication.Reports {
        public partial class XtraReport1 : DevExpress.XtraReports.UI.XtraReport {
                                                              DevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource LightSwitchDataSource1;
            public XtraReport1() {
                InitializeComponent();
                                                               this.LightSwitchDataSource1 = new DevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource();
            }
            public void BottomMarginBand() {
                                                              DevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource LightSwitchDataSource1;
            }

I hope you or anyone  can tell me , where and why the XtraReportsServiceData should be bind to reports datasource.

Why have you put Code in the Page-bottom event ??

Regards

Hermann

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:44 PM
  • Hi,

In c# leave out the first line and in the bottom of page in designer code behind:

private DevExpress.XtraReports.LightSwitchDataSource lightSwitchDataSource1;

Good luck

Sven

Sven Elm

Saturday, June 14, 2014 6:52 AM
  • Hi sven

I'm also using C# and i don't know how to get it done can you please show me again in detail how to implement it, and what do i need to do after i add the code, it still dose not show up in the designer.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Hi, did you build the solution first? Try the in the reports properties window, choose datasource.

Sven Elm

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 11:15 AM
  • Hi Sven it works, but where do i go from there?

thanks 

• Edited by M. Lerner Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:57 PM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:39 PM
  • Did you put only one line of code at the bottom of the page?

For c# there is only on line of code, not two as in VB.

Have you found the datasource (Lightswitchdatasource) in the designer?

SVen

Sven Elm

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:27 PM
  • Yes find it thanks
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:43 PM