none
VS 2017 installation is stuck at 83% RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to instal VS 2017 Professional. The installation is stuck when installing package "TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Resources".

I have tried InstallCleanup.exe -f command and restarting my machine, but still the same problem. Also before starting the installation, it shows a message saying, that there is something else being installed. 

Regards,

Ismael

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Ismael,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the description, I suppose this package ‘TeamFoundation.OfficeIntegration.Resources’ failed to install due to the older version cannot be removed, please have a try with download this tool and use it to uninstall this package, then re-run the VS installer.

If this issue persists, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please download and run this collect.exetool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi Ismael,

Can you successfully install VS 2017 now? If this installation still failed, please collect the log file and share it in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:41 AM