none
Similar To Webbrowser RRS feed

• Question

• I their anyhting else that is similiar to a webbrowser. and if their is does it have a sub for when it has completed navigating.

Basically i need something to navigate to a site, get the inner text and put it into a textbox. (cant be a webbrowser tho)

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• If you just want to get the HTML, you can construct a System.Net.WebClient and call its DownloadString method.  This has no GUI.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/fhd1f0sw.aspx

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:55 AM
  • If you just want to get the HTML, you can construct a System.Net.WebClient and call its DownloadString method.  This has no GUI.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/fhd1f0sw.aspx

the site i am going to end in /names.txt therefore it opens a .txt file in the browser. i want to take the text from that and put it in a textbox with using a webbrowser1
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:01 AM
  • You can use that with DownloadString too.  In that case, you will get back the plain text file in the string.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:02 AM
  • Or when the webbrowser is done loading like WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted can i reset the webbrowser to the state that it was at when i started the program
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:02 AM
  • Be aware that one of the goals you are trying is mostly a goal to prevent by web site builders (automatic clicking)

Beside are all websites currently not only build with HTML, many are build with Silverligth from Microsoft or an equivalent from by instance Adobe

I know I wrote it already like that before, but you keep asking.

Success
    Cor
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:38 AM
  • Since the site is simply a text file an HttpWebRequest would be a simple and straighforward way of getting the text as a string.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:31 PM
  • Sorry I figured out that if I use WebBrowser1.Refresh() my program works.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:51 PM