none
.appxupload file is not created by msbuild if Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 is installed RRS feed

• Question

• I installed VS 2015 Update 2 and now msbuild does not create the .appxupload file for a Windows 10 App (Universal App) any more.

To reproduce the error you need to do the following:

- Create a Universal App in VS 2015 with Update 2

- Execute msbuild with the following paramters

msbuild "c:\...\mysolution.sln" /p:AppxBundlePlatforms="x86|x64|ARM" /p:AppxPackageDir="C:\test\\" /p:AppxBundle=Always /p:Configuration=release

I also tried the switch with /p:AppxPackageIsForStore=true but does not have any effect.

Thanks for your help. In the meantime I uninstalled Update 2 and reinstalled VS 2015 with Update 1 and everythink is working as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bernhard

• Edited by BernhardE Friday, April 1, 2016 6:27 PM
    • Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Monday, April 4, 2016 8:16 AM move to correct forum
    Friday, April 1, 2016 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hi BernhardE,

Instead of "/p:AppxPackageIsForStore=true" use new flag "/p:UapAppxPackageBuildMode=StoreUpload"

Best Regards,
    Slawomir Kulikow

Friday, April 8, 2016 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hi BernhardE,

Move to "MSBuild" forum for a better support, thanks for your understanding :)

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 4, 2016 8:16 AM
  • Hi BernhardE,

>> In the meantime I uninstalled Update 2 and reinstalled VS 2015 with Update 1 and everythink is working as expected.

I encountered the same problem when following your steps, maybe this issue is related to the Update 2. I suggest that you could report this error herefor better support.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:19 AM
  • Hi BernhardE,

Instead of "/p:AppxPackageIsForStore=true" use new flag "/p:UapAppxPackageBuildMode=StoreUpload"

Best Regards,
    Slawomir Kulikow

Friday, April 8, 2016 9:57 AM