none
VS2013 C++ Can't See Design View

Question

• I have some WinForm projects that were created in VS2012 C++.

Now, I am trying to bring them into VS2013.  While the programs compile and work fine, I cannot see the Forms in Design View.

How do I bring that back up?

Thanks for any help.

James

Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please right click on form.h in solution explorer and select open with, set c++ form editor as default, double-click on your form.

Can you right click on form.h and select View Designer?

If these doesn't work, please create a new c++ winform project in visual studio 2013 and check if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 08, 2017 6:19 AM
  • That does not seem to work.  To be clear, this project is a 64 bit project (I see things saying that may be a problem). 

When you right click on MyForm.h and select Open With ... you get ...

IIf you select Source Code editor for this file, when you again right click on the file, there is no View Designer.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

Please Right click on your project->unload project->edit xxxx.vcxproj, check if you have <FileType>CppForm</FileType>, if not, please add it.

I test it in my side, If I delete <FileType>CppForm</FileType> in vcxproj file,  I will not see designer view for my form.

You can add a new form and compare the entries in the .csproj file.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:29 AM