none
Report Viewer Version 11 - Cannot load assembly? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using version 11 of Report Viewer to display .rdlc Reports within the application.

On Web Server 1 the Reports render fine.

On Web Server 2 an error is displayed stating "Failed to load assembly".

The difference between the servers is that Web Server 1 has Visual Studio 2012 installed so the dll's are in the GAC aswell as the bin folder of the application.

Web Server 2 does NOT have Visual Studio 2012 installed and the dll's are ONLY in the bin folder.

Web Server 2 is a Production server so I cannot install Visual Studio and as a result the gacutil is not available either as a result.

How can I get these three dll's into the GAC on Web Server 2 given that gacutil is not on the server?

The application checks the GAC first for the dll's eventhough they are in the bin folder?

Thanks,
    SK.

CG

• Moved by Tina-Shi Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:26 AM the issue is not ve general issue
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hi NuTech,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Since this forum is to discuss: Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. Based on your issue, I think that the issue is more Report control issue, so I suggest you can post this issue directly to Visual Studio Report Controls forum, it will be better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:37 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:34 AM