none
Can I use historical debugging with itrace file from intellitrace standalone?

Question

• I'm getting interrested in Intellitrace standalone, but when I open my itrace file, I can't hit a breakpoint nor see any historical debugging info. My applications are console or wpf, not ASP.

Can you help me?

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi FabriceVenzia,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

The Intellitrace standalone is to collect Intellitrace diagnostic data for your apps on the different environments. And the itrace file contains performance events, exceptions, threads, test steps, modules, and other system info that IntelliTrace records while your app runs.

For the console app or wpf, the file only contains the exceptions data, threads,system info ,modules. And in the Thread list, you can debug a thread to see the events happen on this.Please read MSDN doc to learn about the itrace log.

As far as I know, for intellitrace standalone, app.exe belongs to the external code for intellitrace standalone. So we could not show its code with itrace file in visual studio, and we could not set breakpoint and see historical debugging information for it in VS.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 23, 2019 9:14 AM