none
"Operation could not be completed" when pressing "save all" to save project. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, no matter where I try to save a project, I receive the same error message "Operation could not be completed", meaning I cannot save any projects. I have tried running as administrator, reinstalling, running a new account, and a number of other things found on a range of forums. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as soon as possible!

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Does it happen on a single project or every time you create a new project?

Please new a project and save it. If it still gets the same error, there is a possibility that the AS software prevents projects writing to the disk, please disable all the Anti-virus software, re-run VS and do the save operation. 

If it just happen on one project, you need to check the permission of it, if it is able to be written and save to your machine.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:31 AM
  • Hi JoetheHallas,

1. Checked the "Save new projects when created" by clicking Tools -> Options -> Projects and Solutions.
    2. Restart the VS

View the result.

Other similar thread:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9079466/visual-studio-popup-the-operation-could-not-be-completed

You could also try to check it using the steps in this case.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to share it here.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, November 25, 2017 10:15 AM