none
Application online licensing activation RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced licensing system that works automatically on purchase i.e. over internet? I dont really want to get into manually providing keys by email...

I have tried Treeks in the past which was good but we had some issues with the asp.net security levels on my ISP which basically doesnt give me elevated privs.

Im looking for something that

• works with Paypal and automatically generates a licence key
    • emails the key to the purchaser / user
    • can run trials / demos
    • lets me add products
    • controls features (optional)
    • pref a web service (optional)

There must be some good reasonably priced ones out there that dont cost 1000's or are pay monthly

Thanks

Nacho

Nacho is the derivative of Nigel - True fact! I am self taught in VB.Net. 50% of the time, I am right 100% of the time!

Monday, August 19, 2019 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

Take a look at the following product which has several models to choose from. Note that when considering PayPal, there are code samples but in C# so you would have to convert them. In regards to ASP.NET, best to ask about security level here https://forums.asp.net/25.aspx/1?Security

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, August 19, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Hey Karen

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure why these Companies insist on charging unreasonably high costs, less is more. Unfortunately for me, the applications i write are more app based asin, they are plugins to a larger software and with that comes app costs so they are out of my price range. Well, the $600 is :)

Thanks though

Nacho

Nacho is the derivative of Nigel - True fact! I am self taught in VB.Net. 50% of the time, I am right 100% of the time!

Monday, August 19, 2019 4:31 PM
  • Hey Karen

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure why these Companies insist on charging unreasonably high costs, less is more. Unfortunately for me, the applications i write are more app based asin, they are plugins to a larger software and with that comes app costs so they are out of my price range. Well, the $600 is :)

Thanks though

Nacho

The cost is high because there is a lot that goes into writing productions such as this one. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, August 19, 2019 5:14 PM