none
Excel VSTO Add-in not showing up RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with VSTO add-in. My first add in was built in 2010 version of Visual Studio. At the moment I'm using Visual Studio 2017. Problem is when I'm running it in Debug mode from Visual Studio it shows up in Excel but when I build installer file using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects Excel don't see it. I checked Windows registry and its there. I checked all disable COM-Add ins and it's not there also I added a path to Trusted Locations. So I thought my old Add-In might be not compatible with newer version of Visual Studio. My next step was to start new project Excel 2013-2016 VSTO and add to it Designer Ribbon with one button in it. Well, the <g class="gr_ gr_69 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="69" id="69">exactly</g> same problem shows up in Excel from Visual Studio Debug mode but after creating an installer and installing it's not there. After that, I thought that it is an issue with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects so I decide to use different installer extension for VS, this time I used Advanced Installer. Guess what exactly same problem. I have been battling with the problem for almost three weeks. I believe it might be some kind of bug in Windows or the new version of Visual Studio. I've been seeking help everywhere and nobody can answer my question.
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:26 PM Office related
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 7:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello.

I'm having an issue with VSTO add-in. My first add in was built in 2010 version of Visual Studio. At the moment I'm using Visual Studio 2017. Problem is when I'm running it in Debug mode from Visual Studio it shows up in Excel but when I build installer file using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects Excel don't see it. I checked Windows registry and its there. I checked all disable COM-Add ins and it's not there also I added a path to Trusted Locations. So I thought my old Add-In might be not compatible with newer version of Visual Studio. My next step was to start new project Excel 2013-2016 VSTO and add to it Designer Ribbon with one button in it. Well, the <g class="gr_ gr_68 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="68" id="68">exactly</g> same problem shows up in Excel from Visual Studio Debug mode but after creating an installer and installing it's not there. After that, I thought that it is an issue with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 Installer Projects so I decide to use different installer extension for VS, this time I used Advanced Installer. Guess what exactly same problem. I have been battling with the problem for almost three weeks. I believe it might be some kind of bug in Windows or the new version of Visual Studio. I've been seeking help everywhere and nobody can answer my question.

• Edited by pooh098 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:58 PM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:26 PM Office related
    • Merged by Chenchen LiModerator Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:00 AM duplicate
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:55 PM
  • This article fixed my problem.
    • Edited by pooh098 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by pooh098 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:38 PM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:37 PM