none
could not start service

Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to run a .NET service I installed and I get the error could not start service servicename on local computer.

Error 193:0xc1. I have unistalled and reinstalled the service but to no avail. What could be the problem

thanks in advance

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you're the developer of this service, try putting some exception handling into your OnStart method and write any exception message to event log or txt file. You could also try debugging this service by ataching a debugger to it, but you'll have to insert some timeout into your OnStart method, which would allow you to do this quickly enough.

Andrej

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:10 PM
  •  

I need to fix this on a production machine on which I cannot debug. Is this a bug or is the registry corrupt, How can I get my service running again

thanks

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:34 PM
  • See this link - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q325680

Apparently, this might be due to having a file named "program", "common" (or some of the others) on your system drive.

Andrej

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:44 PM
  •  

yes you are right, I came across the support article myself while googling.

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 3:57 PM
  • The biggest mistake we do that we make that project in which win service exist as class library. where as it should be changes into console application. when you convert it into console application, and you will after rebuild make setup project , it will run with out any hassles INSHALLAH.

Thanks

Mr. Tariq Ahmed Khan

Avanza Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Software Engineer Pakistan Karachi

Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:57 AM