Lightswitch future RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just wondered what the status and roadmap was for Lightswitch for 2015 and beyond?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 4:38 PM

Answers

• There is an incremental upgrade available in VS2015 Community addition and above.

<LightSwitchVersion>v5.0</LightSwitchVersion>

<LightSwitchProjectVersion>v4.7</LightSwitchProjectVersion>

VS2015 Product Lineup

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Proposed as answer by ADefwebserver Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:25 AM

All replies

• See:

Where We Are and the Road Ahead

To date, we know many of you have asked whether you should continue to use LightSwitch & Cloud Business Apps. If the support we have in Visual Studio 2015 meets the needs of your application, then you should feel confident in developing with LightSwitch or Cloud Business Apps as we build out the roadmap

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch 2013 HTML Client / SharePoint 2013 book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

• Proposed as answer by ADefwebserver Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ADefwebserver Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:28 PM
  • There is an incremental upgrade available in VS2015 Community addition and above.

<LightSwitchVersion>v5.0</LightSwitchVersion>

<LightSwitchProjectVersion>v4.7</LightSwitchProjectVersion>

VS2015 Product Lineup

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Proposed as answer by ADefwebserver Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, April 7, 2015 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:25 AM
  • Possibly of interest to some, C1 has not gotten the memo of LightSwitch's death:

GrapeCity 2015 Roadmap

LightSwitch

In April we plan to release a new set of LightSwitch HTML controls based on our popular Wijmo5 JavaScript controls.

We’ll Introduce FlexGrid for LightSwitch, a versatile datagrid built on cutting edge technologies like HTML5, CSS, and ECMAScript 5. With FlexGrid you can show tabular or hierarchical data with ease with built-in support for grouping, filtering, sorting, editing. In subsequent releases we will debut Chart and Gauge controls for LightSwitch.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:18 AM
  • Beth Massi posted the following on March 5:

"For those of you asking about LightSwitch here, I have confirmed with the team that they will engage with you on the next set of features after BUILD (like they promised in the team blog). "

It was in the Understanding .NET 2015 comment thread.

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:38 PM
  • Hi Dave

Q1: Where and in whch file do I insert the above two lines?

Q2: My LS solution has a SL and and HTML client. Can I use VS2015 with my solution?

Thanks, Mark.

Mark

Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:46 PM
  • Hi Mark,

It is done automatically when you right-click the project in solution explore and choose to upgrade it.

Dave

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:32 PM
  • Hi Dave

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense here but if I try to upgrade my LS project (With SL and HTML) client, I see the below migration report failing on all but the HTML project.

Any advice on how to move forward without throwing away 3 years of LS development and my live Azure service with customers in production will be immensely appreciated.

Thanks again, Mark.

Mark

Friday, July 31, 2015 2:10 AM