none
Problem opening drop-down of AutoCompleteBox in Details Control Extension RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to implement an AutoCompleteBox which will display the Drop Down List when the control initially gains Focus.
    We will be using this control extensively throughout the system, and since this option is not a Property, I thought it would be best to create a Details Control Extension.

Fortunately for me, I found a discussion (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/lightswitchgeneral/thread/2bc0eb46-07f2-4b1e-b660-3cb7b1a8065b) with a nice starting point: the (Microsoft Public Licensed) Spursoft Combo Box http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/SpursoftLSControls/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=5713.

However, when I replaced the Silverlight ComboBox with the AutoCompleteComboBox (from Microsoft.LightSwitch.Client.Internal), I encountered a problem.
    Before I add my GotFocus event handler, I attempt to test the basic functionality of the control.

I attempted to open the Drop Down List of "Venue" (a LightSwitch AutoCompleteBox), and it worked flawlessly, as expected.

However, when I attempted to open the Drop Down List of "Custom Venue" (my Details Control Extension), the screen looked like this.

When I stuck my head into the Disassembly code, I noticed that after a while, the code seemed to be going back and forth in an endless loop between these 2 sections:

Microsoft.LightSwitch.Client\RuntimeApplication\RuntimeShellInfrastructure\PublicFramework\ScreenChildWindow.xaml
    ScreenChildWindowxaml.BindingOperation_133_51(object, System.Action)

AND

Microsoft.LightSwitch.Client\screens\screenpresentation\internalframework\resources\styles\TextBoxStyles.xaml
    TextBoxStylesxaml.BindingOperation(object, int, System.Action)

I'm pretty new to Silverlight & WPF, (migrating from WinForms), and I realise this is pretty low-level stuff, but any help in shedding some "light" on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Richard

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:31 AM