none
Infor before Installing .Net 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Do I need to install .net 3.5 SDK before installing 4.0 SDK.  After Reading .Net 4.0 C# 2010 I understand that the assemblies will not be located in the same area as in the past under C:\windows\Assibllies.  So If they will be place in another area do we use the isdasm.exe to investigate the CIL now? I am having a heck of a time with iCore 7 P55 runtime errors on an ATI Radeon 4650. I cannot write to my DVD's with the Blu Ray SATA x4 drive (which I did not order in the first place) and I cannot watch a Blu Ray from the ROM. After using Cyber link BD and 3D Advisor I am told the 3D Failed and it cannot find the graphics hard ware.  If I update it I get 56v which is not the same at all it make the rest of the system unstable.  That is why I wanted to use the .net 4.0 and see if I could trace the runtime errors with each driver so I could prove to the OEM that this is not working.

• Moved by Rowan Miller Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:01 PM Not related to ADO.Net Entity Framework (From:ADO.NET Entity Framework and LINQ to Entities (Pre-Release))
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 7:32 AM

Answers

• ___________________________________________________________________________________

We can cancel this post.

In the first place after taking the time to read my post,  I must admit this makes very little since. 

Sorry about taking up the space and your time.  I had spend so many hours either on the phone with the OEM or trying to find ways to debug the system.  One thing I have learned (I hope) is that I should never post anything after researching or working on a system for more than 27 hours straight.

However some of it paid off because I was able to prove that the system not only had a corrupt image from which they kept asking me to restore from but the backup I made of the original system just after I received it was corrupt as well.  So they are replacing the whole system do to the number of issues which they are not sure are from the hardware, device drivers, or the Operating System.

I may post again in referance to .Net 4.0.  I can hardly wait to run Visual Studio 2010 and the .Net 4.0. I hope that it works as well as the books I have read and all the information on MSDN.  Until I have a system from which I know has a good solid Operating System I will hold off any questions regarding the installation and binding to .net 3.5 or if it is necessary to install SDK for either of these products.

I offer my sincere apologies again and thank you for being here when I need you.

• Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:41 PM
  • Thanks for your posting.

Please feel free to let us know if you get further specific problems.

Thanks again.

Figo Fei
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by virgoheart Monday, March 6, 2017 7:09 AM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:45 AM

All replies

• ___________________________________________________________________________________

We can cancel this post.

In the first place after taking the time to read my post,  I must admit this makes very little since. 

Sorry about taking up the space and your time.  I had spend so many hours either on the phone with the OEM or trying to find ways to debug the system.  One thing I have learned (I hope) is that I should never post anything after researching or working on a system for more than 27 hours straight.

However some of it paid off because I was able to prove that the system not only had a corrupt image from which they kept asking me to restore from but the backup I made of the original system just after I received it was corrupt as well.  So they are replacing the whole system do to the number of issues which they are not sure are from the hardware, device drivers, or the Operating System.

I may post again in referance to .Net 4.0.  I can hardly wait to run Visual Studio 2010 and the .Net 4.0. I hope that it works as well as the books I have read and all the information on MSDN.  Until I have a system from which I know has a good solid Operating System I will hold off any questions regarding the installation and binding to .net 3.5 or if it is necessary to install SDK for either of these products.

I offer my sincere apologies again and thank you for being here when I need you.

• Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:43 AM
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 10:41 PM
  • Thanks for your posting.

Please feel free to let us know if you get further specific problems.

Thanks again.

Figo Fei
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by virgoheart Monday, March 6, 2017 7:09 AM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:45 AM