Application crash 'ucrtbase.dll' RRS feed

• Question

• There is a technical issue with our .NET application running on Windows 10 environment.

Several of our users have concerns regarding 'ucrtbase.dll' application crash. Fault is occurring because of unhandled exception in 'ucrtbase.dll' library.
    Please find all the technical details (including crash dump) here on another MSDN support forum thread:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/522946b7-cb39-43b3-868d-ae9bde1a458b/application-crash-ucrtbasedll

Unfortunatelly that thread seems to be dead, perhaps here at another category we will find suggestions or ideas on how to deal with that Windows 10 issue.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Monday, October 30, 2017 11:53 AM

All replies

• This seems like a bug in the implementation of ucrtbase.dll to me. Is that related to .NET framework itself?

Btw, the first thing I'll check is whether the use have latest Windows Update installed, and whether the version matches the one on the testing machine. (You can check by right click -> properties -> details.) This DLL have been crashing on "unexpected input" more than once before and you case could be another. (I see the function report the max size is about 187GB, and the outer call on stack is named MarshalIUnknownToStream(), so there ought to be a file on clipboard. Maybe you should check whether the filename exceeds the length limit in this KB too)

If the customer has WEP (Windows Error Reporting) enabled, Microsoft should have received the bug report already. And you may just wait them to resolve the bug. If you found a repeatable way to reproduce the problem, file a bug report with feedback tool on the upper right hand corner of IDE, include what you did and the DLL versions, and let them pass the report to responsible team.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:51 AM
    Answerer