none
I can create new schedule job, but when I try to take full back up it throws error "one back up already running"

Question

• I increased timeout to 20 minutes on sql server properties, I dont see no jobs are running, can you please help me

[Info   @18:14:44.123] TF400983: Full Backup Job Failed
    [Error  @18:14:44.127]
    Exception Message: Another backup job is currently running against your TFS databases.  You cannot start a new full backup job while another is still in progress. (type TfsAdminException)
    Exception Stack Trace:    at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Admin.TakeFullBackup.EnsureNoRunningJobs(TeamFoundationRequestContext requestContext)
       at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Admin.TakeFullBackup.Run(ActivityContext context)

Also I see agent service is running, any reply is appreciated.

Thanks

narayan

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:19 PM

All replies

• Is it possible that transaction log or differential backups are running at the same time? It is also possible that this job conflicts with "Delete Old Databases Job", which deletes old backups.

What version of TFS are you using?
    Thanks,

--Vladimir

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 3:13 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Narayan,

Thank you for posting here,

Which version of TFS do you use?

Please check if you have installed the latest update, try install it if not, then try it again.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 10:14 AM
  • Hello Vladmir and MSDN support, thanks for responding to me.  I did increase SQL timeout to 40 minutes on SSMS, I had one successful backup last night, but  they are taking long time, ususally it wont take more than 6-8 minutes, it is taking longer 30 minutes.  We are using 2013 update 3. I don't think that diff backup running on tran backups(please let me know how can I see both of them). 

Also I don't know how relevant to this issue I am having, but want to present anyways:

I see this one coming frequent on TFS build def: 

Please let me know:

Thanks

Narayan

Summary

Other Errors

1 error(s)

Exception Message: TF400324: Team Foundation services are not available from the server. Technical information (for administrator): Unable to connect to the remote server (type TeamFoundationServiceUnavailableException) Exception Data Dictionary: AgentExecution = False Exception Stack Trace: at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Inner Exception Details: Exception Message: Unable to connect to the remote server (type WebException)Exception Stack Trace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context) at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at

Thursday, March 02, 2017 4:47 AM
  • Hi Narayan,

Thanks for you update,

We met a similar issue before, then resolved it by installing the update, so suggest you have a try for it.

In addition, please refer to this thread for similar issue, hope it helps.

Please refer to this page for the TF400324 error.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 02, 2017 11:24 AM
  • Hello, this weekend out backups went side track, here is the log.   The funny thing is it saying backups timed out after 30 minutes, it is not even trying for full 30 minutes, may be 12-15 mins or so.  Creation of  job(backup) successdes, I think where it looks for permissions etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[Info   @17:13:09.686] +-+-+-+-+-| Taking full backups |+-+-+-+-+-
    [Info   @17:13:09.686] Starting Node: TakeFullBackup
    [Info   @17:13:09.686] NodePath : Progress/TakeFullBackup
    [Info   @17:13:09.686] Taking full backups
    [Info   @17:13:09.688] Queue backup job
    [Info   @17:13:09.695] Queued job 94d6120f-b517-4832-a794-b5d0031855cb
    [Info   @17:13:09.695] Waiting for backup job to start
    [Info   @17:13:14.710] The backup job has started
    [Info   @17:13:14.712] Waiting for backup job to finish
    [Info   @17:43:10.468] TF401393: The full backup job has not completed after 30 minutes.  You can continue monitoring the progress of unfinished jobs from the OI Job Monitoring pages in web access at the following address: http://wsengtfs01:8080/tfs/_oi/_jobMonitoring#_a=queue
    [Info   @17:43:10.472] Node returned: Warning
    [Warning@17:43:10.472] TF401393: The full backup job has not completed after 30 minutes.  You can continue monitoring the progress of unfinished jobs from the OI Job Monitoring pages in web access at the following address: http://wsengtfs01:8080/tfs/_oi/_jobMonitoring#_a=queue
    [Info   @17:43:10.473] Completed TakeFullBackup: Warning
    [Info   @17:43:10.473] -----------------------------------------------------
    [Info   @17:43:10.473] E

Monday, March 06, 2017 5:56 PM
  • Hi Narayan,

Thank you for posting here.

Please access to OI Job Monitoring pages(http://wsengtfs01:8080/tfs/_oi/_jobMonitoring ), check if the backup jobs completes and if any other jobs prevented the backup? 

Please check the log message you post, it's indeed 30 minutes from 17:13 to 17:43.

[Info   @17:13:14.712] Waiting for backup job to finish
    [Info   @17:43:10.468] TF401393: The full backup job has not completed after 30 minutes.

Here is a page describes different Jobs built-in to TFS and their default schedule for your reference.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 10:21 AM
  • Hi, we have backups working now, but I am seeing more .bak and .trn files than before, I attached picture here, please let me know.  There are 2 image attachments with this before(2/22) and after(3/15),

Thanks

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:32 AM
  • Hi Narayan,

Thank you for posting here.

Glad to know that backup working now.

It seems something wrong with previous full backup(2/22), current full backup (3/15) is the correct one.

The number of .bak and .trn files based on the databases created in the server, from the screenshots we can see that more databases are backed up (3/15), including Collection Report Sharepoint databases etc. The full backup will backup all the Tfs related databases.

Please reference the below screenshot tested in myside.

Best Regards.

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:29 AM