none
Getting error (Error_C2956_sized deallocation function 'operator delete(void*, size_t)' would be chosen as placement deallocation function.) while porting from VS 2010 to VS 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am geeting below error while porting my existing code base from VS 2010 into VS 2015.

Error C2956 sized deallocation function 'operator delete(void*, size_t)' would be chosen as placement deallocation function.

I have searched in the internet and MS forum and try to use /Zc:sizedDealloc- but it is not helping me atall.

PLease help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Ash

Monday, April 11, 2016 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi HAJ12,

>>Error C2956 sized deallocation function 'operator delete(void*, size_t)' would be chosen as placement deallocation function.

Based on the error message I have found following thread. As it says, it’s a bug in the RC build and it has been fixed for RTM. So, you’d better try to upgrade your vs version to the latest and then have a try.

(Note also that there is a bug here in this implementation in the RC build: we incorrectly reject this code with the same error even if you add a 1-argument delete function to User. This should cause the 2-argument version to not be considered a usual deallocator, but was not working correctly. This has been fixed for RTM).

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1351894

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:13 AM