none
Cascade queries RRS feed

• Question

• I have a single screen with 3 queries 2 of which are parameterized queries of the child records of the first and second respectively.  The parent table may have thousands of entries whereas the child tables will have relatively few.

When I change one of the child records I must refresh the screen in order to see the change reflected in all 3 datagrids  however, I may have been several hundred records into the parent table when the refresh was executed and the refresh always displays the parent table starting at the beginning again.

My question… Can I save the current record position in the parent table before the refresh executes and then return to the same location in the table after the refresh completes?   

Thank you

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 2:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I assume you're using Silverlight Client.

Calling screen.Refresh() will dispose everything, including the screen instance, so it will be very hard to preserve state in that case.

In Silverlight Client, the Visual Collection it self has a Refresh() method (For example this.Orders.Refresh() instead of this.Refresh()). This method will preserve the page number and selected item of the Visual Collection. Have you tried using it instead?

Another possibility is to see why your changes are not reflected in the data grids. Data binding and computed properties are supposed to help with this problem.

Best regards,
    Huy

• Marked as answer by Jyuma1 Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:38 PM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume you're using Silverlight Client.

Calling screen.Refresh() will dispose everything, including the screen instance, so it will be very hard to preserve state in that case.

In Silverlight Client, the Visual Collection it self has a Refresh() method (For example this.Orders.Refresh() instead of this.Refresh()). This method will preserve the page number and selected item of the Visual Collection. Have you tried using it instead?

Another possibility is to see why your changes are not reflected in the data grids. Data binding and computed properties are supposed to help with this problem.

Best regards,
    Huy

• Marked as answer by Jyuma1 Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:38 PM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Thank you.
    Friday, September 6, 2013 10:02 PM