none
pdf to word document RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Using iTextSharp read the pdf file.

Using Microsoft Open XML SDK you can create a word document(2007 format) out of the read information.

Thanks,
    A.m.a.L
    [MVP Visual C#]
    Dot Net Goodies
    Don't hate the hacker, hate the code
    • Marked as answer by Paul Zhou Friday, February 18, 2011 2:38 AM
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:50 AM
  • how can i convert pdf to word document?

thank you!!

The present possibility is to use a library to convert PDF to DOC, also remember these are from 3rd party or freeware.

Here is a tutorial how to use it to convert your own document to pdf files within your own application

Tutorial
    http://itextsharp.sourceforge.net/tutorial/index.html

Balaji Baskar
    [Please mark the post as answer if it answers your question]
    [http://codesupport.wordpress.com]
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:16 PM
  • Hello Advadva

You will get successfully answer from this following link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vsto/thread/85ef2249-0344-42f5-8dec-e7c09f98c62b/

Thanks

Sankarshan Parida
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Of course apart from iTextsharp you can also and open XML SDK, you can also use a pdf converter to do so. In the case of batch conversion or the file is encrypted, perhaps the with the open XML SDK, you may not get the word document. So I usually use a pdf to word converter to help me with the conversion. AndI think the output quality is assured.  Most of time, it will well retain the data of the original pdf file.
    Never too old to learn
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Hi! You can use PDF Focus .Net for this! Library doesn't require MsOffice or A.Acrobat.

Sample code PDF file to Word file in C#:

SautinSoft.PdfFocus f = new SautinSoft.PdfFocus();
                f.OpenPdf(@"d:\Hippopotamus.pdf");

if (f.PageCount > 0)
                {
                    int result = f.ToWord(@"d:\Hippopotamus.rtf");
                }

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

converting PDF to Word document is very hard and in most cases full-fidelity conversion is impossible.

Th main reason is that PDF is fixed document format - every content element (text, lines, pictures, etc..) has fixed absolute page position where it should be drawn.

On the other hand Word document is flow document format (as HTML is) - text is represented by paragraphs, tables and other high level constructs that are then flown in document pages.

PDF is optimal for viewing document with large number of pages (for example 5000 pages) because it knows in advance what elements should be presented on which page. Word needs to flow entire document (measure and layout every document element) in order to figure out where appropriate element should be placed.

Converting Word to PDF is also not an easy task, but at least it is deterministic. Here is one easy way to convert Word to PDF in C#:

// Convert Word file (DOCX) to PDF.
    DocumentModel.Load("Doc.docx", LoadOptions.DocxDefault).Save("Doc.pdf");

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:43 AM
  • I can read a PDF using iTextSharp.

Can you give me some more information regarding how to convert the read information to word using OpenXml ?

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:46 AM