none
Publisher Id not being Set RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to package a windows 8.1 Phone app using visual studio when i try to sign the app using the signing tool i get a error saying "the publisher Id does not match the subject of the certificate". I have correct publisher Id set in the build.json file but it saying either that it is set as  CN=Apache Cordova Team or $username. Does anyone know what is the issue Note. when i try to do a Windows 10 phone app i have no problems 
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 4:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please check the "Publisher" and "PublisherDisplayName" of "appxmanifest" files under project folder->platforms->windows.

By default PublisherDisplayName="Apache Cordova Team" Publisher="CN=$username$" . You can change it to the publisher value of your certificate.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:46 AM
  • when you change those files do they not change when you re-build the application
    Tuesday, November 29, 2016 10:56 AM
  • Hi Nathanael,

What do you mean by "do they not change when you re-build the application"?

If the error persists, I suggest you re-make the certificate with you own publisherId, and set it in your build.json file. You can follow the Create Certification key section of this link to generate a certificate.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:36 AM
  • Hi i have created a dummy certificate with the correct publisher name and imported it into visual studio when i build the application all the .appxmanifests show the correct publisher attribute but when i do create app package it resets to CN=Apache Cordova Team 
    Friday, December 9, 2016 11:59 AM
  • Hi Nathanael,

Please try check if the build.json file is set correctly. You can set it by referring to below link:

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/6.x/guide/platforms/win8/index.html#page-toc-source

If it still doesn't work, could you please clear the cordova cache and try it with a blank cordova app?

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Monday, December 12, 2016 2:04 AM
  • hi thanks for your reply it seems to have fixed itself plus also with another issue i just ended up creating another blank project and started from the beginning
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:53 AM