none
problem streamwriter windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• hello

When I write anything in a file on a partition C, it tells me that you do not have permission to write, even though I have the administrative in the project. And bummer on Windows 10 only

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hello,

What happens if you try this to a folder such as your Documents folder which you should have rights too. Also, it is unwise to write to a folder directly off the root of the drive.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Because I want to write in a file hosts

File hosts on windows 10 local drive ??? not enough details to understand what you are talking about.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

I want to write this path  C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc  in a file hosts

See the following

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?675913-RESOLVED-File-access-denied&p=4152294&viewfull=1#post4152294

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid you forget "sw.Close" after "sw.Write".
    Dim filename As String = "C:\Test\StreamWriter.txt"
    Dim sw As New System.IO.StreamWriter _
    	(filename, False, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8)
    ' ----
    sw.Write(Me.TextBox1.Text)
    sw.Close()   ' -- Do you Close StreamRiter?
    When I made "sw.Close" commented and execute code (without Closing) twice.
    First execution has been done normally, but the same exception occurred at the second time.  

After "sw.Write", the written file is locked, so we should close it.

Regards

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What happens if you try this to a folder such as your Documents folder which you should have rights too. Also, it is unwise to write to a folder directly off the root of the drive.

StackOverFlow

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:54 PM
  • Hello,

StackOverFlow

Monday, September 2, 2019 10:13 PM
  • Hello,

StackOverFlow

File hosts on windows 10 local drive ??? not enough details to understand what you are talking about.

StackOverFlow

Monday, September 2, 2019 10:51 PM
  • Hello,

StackOverFlow

StackOverFlow

Monday, September 2, 2019 11:24 PM
  • Hello,

StackOverFlow

StackOverFlow

See the following

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?675913-RESOLVED-File-access-denied&p=4152294&viewfull=1#post4152294

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:36 AM
  • Hello,

StackOverFlow

StackOverFlow

See the following

StackOverFlow

i test code not work windows 10 work only windows 7 only i need fix code windows 10
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:01 AM
  • Hi,

I'm afraid you forget "sw.Close" after "sw.Write".
    Dim filename As String = "C:\Test\StreamWriter.txt"
    Dim sw As New System.IO.StreamWriter _
    	(filename, False, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8)
    ' ----
    sw.Write(Me.TextBox1.Text)
    sw.Close()   ' -- Do you Close StreamRiter?
    When I made "sw.Close" commented and execute code (without Closing) twice.
    First execution has been done normally, but the same exception occurred at the second time.  

After "sw.Write", the written file is locked, so we should close it.

Regards

Ashidacchi -- https://ssl01.rocketnet.jp/hokusosha.com/default.html

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:14 AM