none
.Net Framework 4.0 install/update failure/ generic trust failure RRS feed

• Question

• 1. .net framework 4.0

2. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en

3.IDK

4.once again IDK

I've never manually installed any .net framework software, I've only ever gotten it via windows update and honestly never heard of it till a month or two ago when one of the updates that failed happened to be .net frame work 4 and it gave me this code : CODE 13EC   

however I had no clue what .net was so I continued doing my own thing. Well earlier today I picked up The Sims Medieval and what do you know it needs .net framework 4.0. So I tried manual installation and it gave me Generic Trust failure, and now 4 or 5 hours later trying almost every fix listed on this forum and a few others I'm still getting:

OS Version = 6.1.7600, Platform 2
    OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition 
    CommandLine = C:\b82dc2f01215b2c0fa\\Setup.exe /x86 /x64
    TimeZone = Eastern Daylight Time
    Initial LCID = 1033
    Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
    Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup
    Package Version = 4.0.30319
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: Disabled
    Number of applicable items: 9
    Possible transient lock. WinVerifyTrust failed with error: 2148204800
    Possible transient lock. WinVerifyTrust failed with error: 2148204800
    C:\b82dc2f01215b2c0fa\SetupUtility.exe - Signature verification for file SetupUtility.exe (C:\b82dc2f01215b2c0fa\SetupUtility.exe) failed with error 0x800b0100 (No signature was present in the subject.)
    No FileHash provided. Cannot perform FileHash verification for SetupUtility.exe
    File SetupUtility.exe (C:\b82dc2f01215b2c0fa\SetupUtility.exe), failed authentication. (Error = -2146762496). It is recommended that you delete this file and retry setup again.
    Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x800B010B), "Generic trust failure. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:28).
    I'd really appreciate some help, preferably via remote as I have had 0 luck on my own.

Friday, May 6, 2011 5:16 AM

Answers

• Hi E36fKJA,

I've checked the latest installation logs, and find the error message below:

You cannot use this setup program to install the .NET Framework. For more information, see the Readme file.
    [5/7/2011, 21:55:21] Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x000013EC), "A StopBlock was hit or a System Requirement was not met." (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:29).

Also, I've notice that you have some removeable divice connected to your computer, would you please remove them and try to run the setup again? And please go to Control Panel >> Uninstall a program to check if .NET Framework 4 exists in the program list.

You might also try the steps below:

1. Unpack the standalone installer (with 3rd party software) to an empty folder, copy the <path> from address bar in Windows Explorer;
    2. Open Command Prompt under Start menu >> All programs >> Accessories with Administrator (right-click the program >> Run as administator);
    3. Type CD <path> to navigate to where you extracted the installer files;
    4. Type Setup.exe /x86 /x64.

If still no avail, would you please help to collect the installation logs again for further diagnose?

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 9, 2011 10:53 AM

All replies

• Have you followed all the steps in the answer in this thread?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/b394bb28-2301-4e8e-aa27-834534880e45

If so, please upload your logs to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Friday, May 6, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Have you followed all the steps in the answer in this thread?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/b394bb28-2301-4e8e-aa27-834534880e45

If so, please upload your logs to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

which logs, I ran the collect tool but I can't find vslogs.cab as listed in the fix on the link you gave.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 5:34 PM
  • After running the collect tool, you should find vslogs.cab in your C:\Users\<your user name>\Appdata\local\temp folder.

That's where I found it after running this tool:

http://bit.ly/vscollect

I'm sure you know this, but substitute your actual user name for <your user name> in the path above.
    • Edited by pvdg42 Friday, May 6, 2011 11:38 PM add info
    Friday, May 6, 2011 11:36 PM
  • here's the results:

http://cid-0e936f9cb99a58ad.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/vslogs.cab
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 2:19 AM
  • All three failed for the same reason, as you originally cited. The answer provided in this thread by WiChun Chen may help. Note the suggestion to use a different download manager:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/fd50019d-320e-455a-8f39-7415207a8d27

Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:26 PM
  • well atleast I got a different result.

http://cid-0e936f9cb99a58ad.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Documents/vslogs2.cab

Sunday, May 8, 2011 2:15 AM
  • Hi E36fKJA,

I've checked the latest installation logs, and find the error message below:

You cannot use this setup program to install the .NET Framework. For more information, see the Readme file.
    [5/7/2011, 21:55:21] Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x000013EC), "A StopBlock was hit or a System Requirement was not met." (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:29).

Also, I've notice that you have some removeable divice connected to your computer, would you please remove them and try to run the setup again? And please go to Control Panel >> Uninstall a program to check if .NET Framework 4 exists in the program list.

You might also try the steps below:

1. Unpack the standalone installer (with 3rd party software) to an empty folder, copy the <path> from address bar in Windows Explorer;
    2. Open Command Prompt under Start menu >> All programs >> Accessories with Administrator (right-click the program >> Run as administator);
    3. Type CD <path> to navigate to where you extracted the installer files;
    4. Type Setup.exe /x86 /x64.

If still no avail, would you please help to collect the installation logs again for further diagnose?

Waiting to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 9, 2011 10:53 AM
  • Hi E36fkJA,

I mark this thread as answered, if your problem still remains, please feel free to unmark it, and we will continue helping you to resolve your issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]

Friday, May 13, 2011 10:57 AM
  • I have this problem. and the problem still remains. Please could I have some support help. Thank you.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 1:20 AM
  • If you want support with a problem similar to the OP's problem, please start your own thread and provide your complete install logs.

Provide your logs as follows:

Please collect the install logs with this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E0DA314F-6216-4A18-BC6B-7D29CF83AF20&amp;displaylang=e&displaylang=en

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link in your new thread.

Monday, December 19, 2011 8:53 PM