Data error in SequenceDesigner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, all,

I created simple application to re-host a work designer. What I did is just setting a WorkflowDesigner's View as the content of my main window and a Sequence activity as the root element of the designer, but I got such a message in the output window:

System.Windows.Data Error: 1 : Cannot create default converter to perform 'one-way' conversions between types 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1[System.Activities.Activity]' and 'System.Activities.Presentation.Model.ModelItemCollection'. Consider using Converter property of Binding. BindingExpression:Path=ModelItem.Activities; DataItem='SequenceDesigner' (Name=''); target element is 'WorkflowItemsPresenter' (Name=''); target property is 'Items' (type 'ModelItemCollection')

Is it a known issue of WF4 designer or I missed something?

Thanks

Friday, May 28, 2010 7:13 AM

Answers

• Hi to everyone,
    Just want to add that I see these output messages frequently and I don't know a good way to get rid of them but they usually seem to be ignorable.
    Tim

• Marked as answer by Akira Chou Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:55 PM

All replies

• Please take a look at the thread below, I think your question is quite similiar to that one:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wfprerelease/thread/15814860-ed65-4c1c-892c-cb7d0c4d2204

Friday, May 28, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Hi Akira, could you post your code?
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 3:49 AM
  • Hi, Kenny,

My case is very similar to Jeff's link: the code works, but I got an error info in the output window, and I'd like to resolve it if possible.

Thanks

Ming

Monday, May 31, 2010 12:58 AM
  • Hi to everyone,
    Just want to add that I see these output messages frequently and I don't know a good way to get rid of them but they usually seem to be ignorable.
    Tim

• Marked as answer by Akira Chou Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:28 AM
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 7:55 PM
  • hi,

i got the same issue as you describe here.

did you manage to overcome this issue?

for me, i fail to recover from this exception and the app shuts down.

thank you,

Yali

Thursday, May 21, 2015 4:56 AM
  • Hi

I faced the same problem and found out it was because of absence of calling this in rehosted designer

new DesignerMetadata().Register();

<object data-extension-version="0.4.0.129" data-install-updates-user-configuration="true" id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" style="display:none;"></object>
    Friday, March 18, 2016 3:56 PM