none
3rd time asking about the same thing WebDrive plz reply RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

i asked a lot for this thing an i need answer and here is an example i need to create something like that connected to WebDav or FTP Server

http://www.viksoe.dk/gmail/

this drive you can install it and easy transfer data from your hard disk to the Gmail server and login with Gmail account

i have WebDav Server and FTP server and i need to create Drive like this one to transfer data to this partation and sure to the account at the server

so how i can develop like this drive?
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:56 AM

All replies

• You are asking question that beyond .net. Do you think every programs out there are made in .net?  That program was created using shell extension. As far as i know, its very dangerous to write shell extension in .net for now, that may change with .net 4.0.  Shell extension is program using unmanaged code (C++/win32).

If you want to take the risk, then read about shell extension in .net
    Creating Shell Extension Handlers
    Writing shell extension with C#    this is c# sample

Book : Visual Basic Shell Programming .  Read chapter 11, Shell Namespace Extension, that is what you needs to do this.

Read this Don't do Shell Extension Handlers in .NET

If you want to do it with unmanaged code, then try to post your question in C++ forum

kaymaf

If that what you want, take it. If not, ignored it and no complain
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, November 9, 2009 7:20 AM
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 4:03 PM
  • Hi,

If you get no reply, then there is probably nobody understand your question or knows the answer on that.

It can be that it is completel VB, but that does not assure you get an anser, nobody even not the MSFT are obligate to give you an answer.

If you get no answer, then simply search on another place.

Success
    Cor
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 7:29 PM
  • 1st thank you cor lighter for your advice but you are always talk like that i think if you don't know then don't open thread again

2nd about the Shell Extension i know that driver created with shell ext. but i found other applications like webdriver and do the same thing

i know that vb is limited and can't do any thing

and in previous thread i asked for this driver developed in any Programing language

so forgive me but i wasn't mean to get it in vb.net only

C# or C++ is ok or any other language i'll try to understand how it could be and i'll do my own one

about searching internet after to many months i didn't find anything
    and i was this that this place for the main developers of dot net

here is Microsoft if i didn't find what i need here then where i can find ??

thanks for all of you and i wish some one can reply
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 10:30 PM
  • You can do that in vb6, the book i posted in my previous post was vb6

kaymaf

Sunday, November 8, 2009 10:37 PM

And since you couldn't do anything in vb6 without calling the Windows API, you can do it in VB.NET.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:42 PM

And since you couldn't do anything in vb6 without calling the Windows API, you can do it in VB.NET.
    @John, do you think is safe to do shell extension in .net?

kaymaf
    Monday, November 9, 2009 12:13 AM
  • Kaymaf,

@John, do you think is safe to do shell extension in .net?

That is not our concern, simple something to found out for the OP.

Yesterday I was in doubt proposing your reply as answer, (I do it still after creating this message), however
    than I had the chance, which is often common on this forum,  that the OP would not have read my reply.

Success
    Cor
    Monday, November 9, 2009 7:20 AM