none
Anyone know of some video tutorials for the 2015 version of lightswitch? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    The last application I built was with the 2011 version of Lightswitch. I did this by following Beth Massi's How to Video series (Really excellent training resource. I built a whole non trivial database app that I'm still using today just  by following these).
    I just downloaded the version for VS 2015 and although it seems similar there is all sorts of new stuff
    I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction for training resources for the newer versions. 
    Saturday, December 16, 2017 10:53 AM

All replies

• Not for 2015 because well it wasn't changed at all more just ported over from 2013. There was a basic video on making a HTML project. The let me see if I can find that stuff by Andy Kung.

This should cover the new features beyond that the way they layout the files for screens and data sources is a bit different in the new versions on the far right upper pane of Visual Studio. The rest is pretty much the same. some extensions never made the cut some didn't and you can edit the VISX files a little to make them install on later version. I found 2013 LS stuff to be far more stabile and easy to setup then 2015 with not gains in 2015 I could find.
    Whats New in Visual Studio 2013 for LightSwitch Applications

Building Connected and Integrated Business Applications Using Office 365 Cloud Business App Project

Beyond that Micheal Washington is probably the foremost website admin developer for LS. He has a weblog for LS here.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:30 AM
  • There is an excellent course at Pluralsight called "Building Line of Business Applications with Visual Studio LightSwitch 2015"

https://www.pluralsight.com/courses/visual-studio-lightswitch-2015-lob-apps

If you have a Microsoft account, then go to Visual Studio Dev Essentials and create an account, there is a 3 month free subscription for Pluralsight. I recommend you this course a lot!

Cheers!

• Proposed as answer by Abraham-Chahla Friday, January 18, 2019 8:12 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:10 AM
  • For us that are below the poverty level in other words me, and have already used up our plural sight access years ago got any ideas how to get that info books maybe at the library? should look hard at migrating my solution from VS 2012 and eliminating dependencies like extensions for Excel importer and Many to many controls and Elys Controls add in's that aren't supported extensions by later versions.
    Friday, May 11, 2018 9:23 AM