Visual Studio Web Performance Test RRS feed

• Question

• HI

I need to perform Web Performance testing for one of the application. On development envirionment i have created a Test project and recorded the performance senarios and it is working fine.

Now i have to perform same senario on Production Server where Visual studio is not installed.

Do i need to install Visual studio ultimate there in order to do web performace testing on Production Server ?

Om S. Pathak

• Moved by Forrest Guo Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:54 PM forums restructure (From:Visual Studio Web Performance and Load Testing)
    Monday, December 3, 2012 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You don't need to install "Visual Studio Ultimate" on production server. But just record performance scenarios on Production Server links, parameterize  scripts and create load testing counters & settings etc. 

Himanshu Mehta

• Proposed as answer by Himanshu_Mehta Monday, December 3, 2012 10:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Om S. Pathak Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:38 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 10:04 AM
  • To add a little more detail to Himanshu's reply

Parameterize the web server using this technique  Simply changing the address of the web server parameter will change the environment (server or load balancer) you are calling, then modify the counters to collect data from whichever environment you are testing against

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms184806.aspx

Tim

• Edited by TimJim Monday, December 3, 2012 4:35 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You don't need to install "Visual Studio Ultimate" on production server. But just record performance scenarios on Production Server links, parameterize  scripts and create load testing counters & settings etc. 

Himanshu Mehta

• Proposed as answer by Himanshu_Mehta Monday, December 3, 2012 10:04 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 10:04 AM
  • To add a little more detail to Himanshu's reply

Parameterize the web server using this technique  Simply changing the address of the web server parameter will change the environment (server or load balancer) you are calling, then modify the counters to collect data from whichever environment you are testing against

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms184806.aspx

Tim

• Edited by TimJim Monday, December 3, 2012 4:35 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 4:33 PM