none
Cannot save project anymore RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a new windows forms application. When I click on SaveAll the dialog appears but VS doesn't fill the Name and Solution Name. I enter everything (including location) but when I click on 'Save' nothing happens.

No error message, nothing. Just can't save my project.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hello tosch99,

This forum is for "Discuss general issues about developing applications for Windows."

Since this issue is more related to Visual Studio IDE I'll move it to the related forum for more professional support.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:21 AM
  • Hi tosch99,

• Have you encountered any error during installation?
    • Could you create a new solution that own different project type to test the “save” ?
    • Did you run VS as admin?

I tried to create a new winform project and after build successful. I click “save all” tab in toolbar and you can see a prompt appear in left bottom corner of IDE (as screenshot in blow), that’s mean you save the all items successful.

If you want to know where the project saved. You can go to solution explorer – right click your project – choose “open folder in file explorer”. Then you will go to the location path (as screenshot in blow).

If any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Looking forwards your reply.

Br

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Today everything is working again fine. I nearly went crazy yesterday.

I will create a couple of new projects in the next couple of weeks and will watch if I have problems again.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:56 AM
  • Hi tosch99,

Glad to hear you.

That’s be great and thank you for taking this time with us to investigate it.

I recommend you’d better repair VS before running VS in next time: how to repair VS. meanwhile, if you have any progress about it, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Br

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 10, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Content Removed
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:04 AM
  • Hi tosch99,

Do you get this issue again in your side? Generally if it has the project saved issue, we will think about the project default path/folder, maybe it has the specific permission requirements.

Anyway, if you get any latest information, feel free to share it. 

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:08 AM