[Powerpoint]: Save as dialog box RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I need to know the presentation name and presentation path when it changes. So I have created an event handler for PresentationBeforeSave event.

This handler sets the cancel parameter to true and shows a save as dialog box:

try{

cancel = true;
                    Microsoft.Office.Core.FileDialog fd = this.Application.get_FileDialog(Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoFileDialogType.msoFileDialogSaveAs);
                    fd.Show();
                    this.Application.ActivePresentation.SaveAs(fd.SelectedItems.Item(1), Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.PpSaveAsFileType.ppSaveAsPresentation, Microsoft.Office.Core.MsoTriState.msoTrue);}

catch(Exception e){}

unfortunately I am getting a Presentation (unknown member) : failed exception message.

Does anyone know hot can I obtain the name and the path of my presentation after a save as?

Thank u

Cheers

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hi JulianaBooleana,

If you just want to know the save path and name of the PowerPoint after save, you can use the code below:

PowerPoint.Application powerApp;
        private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
          powerApp = this.Application;
          powerApp.PresentationSave += new PowerPoint.EApplication_PresentationSaveEventHandler(powerApp_PresentationSave);

}

void powerApp_PresentationSave(PowerPoint.Presentation Pres)
        {
          string pname=powerApp.ActivePresentation.Name;
          string path = powerApp.ActivePresentation.Path;
          MessageBox.Show(pname+" "+path);
        }
    Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Amy Li
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Amy Li Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:34 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 2:54 AM