none
Disabling "core guidelines" intellisense in Visual C++ 2019? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I prevent warnings from "C++ Core Guidelines" showing up in Intellisense in Visual C++ 2019?

Friday, August 9, 2019 11:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>How can I prevent warnings from "C++ Core Guidelines" showing up in Intellisense in Visual C++ 2019?

You could enable code analysis on your project by selecting the Enable Code Analysis on Build checkbox in the Code Analysis section of the Property Pages dialog for your project.A subset of C++ Core Check rules is included in the Microsoft Native Recommended rule set that runs by default when code analysis is enabled.

I suggest you could try to enable code analysis on your project. Or as David said, you could change a subset of the C++ core check rules included in the Microsoft Native Recommended rule set.

I suggest you could refer to the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/code-quality/using-the-cpp-core-guidelines-checkers?view=vs-2019

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Monday, August 12, 2019 1:46 AM

All replies

• >How can I prevent warnings from "C++ Core Guidelines" showing up in Intellisense in Visual C++ 2019?

Change your project's code analysis options to one of the rule sets that don't include those - or use just those that you do want..

Dave

Friday, August 9, 2019 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>How can I prevent warnings from "C++ Core Guidelines" showing up in Intellisense in Visual C++ 2019?

You could enable code analysis on your project by selecting the Enable Code Analysis on Build checkbox in the Code Analysis section of the Property Pages dialog for your project.A subset of C++ Core Check rules is included in the Microsoft Native Recommended rule set that runs by default when code analysis is enabled.

I suggest you could try to enable code analysis on your project. Or as David said, you could change a subset of the C++ core check rules included in the Microsoft Native Recommended rule set.

I suggest you could refer to the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/code-quality/using-the-cpp-core-guidelines-checkers?view=vs-2019

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Monday, August 12, 2019 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got any updates? If your case has been solved, please help to mark answers. If not, just feel free to contact us.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:16 AM