none
Creating Excel Chart dynamically without using Range Objects (placing X,Y data in excel cells) in .Net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

Basically I have read some data and I have it XML form. I can extract the data in (X,Y) form, thats not an issue. However I donot want to place the data in that Excel sheet. Instead I want a mechanism by which I will provide the Excel.Chart object directly the (X,Y) data and it should generate the graph/chart for me which I could place in the excel.

So is it possible to create graphs/charts in excel using C# without placing the (X,Y) data in the Excel sheet. I am using .Net but guidance in any language will be appreciated.

Looking forward to some replies...

Thanks
    With Best Regards,
    Abhijit Gore.
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hello Abhijit

No, an Excel chart requires its data in a Range - that's how the mechanism is built. You'd need some other kind of tool to create that chart, which you could then insert in an Excel workbook as a picture.

Please note that the VSTO forum is specifically for questions relating to the VSTO technology. You aren't using VSTO, so your question is off-topic in the forum. Better to ask application-specific questions in a specialized venue. You'll find links to a couple of Excel venues in the forum's Please Read First message.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:56 AM