none
Changing the Caption/Titlebar Font RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to use/set the font used in the titlebar of a form rather than the default one set by Windows?
    Friday, August 18, 2006 6:16 PM

Answers

• I don't think its possible, but it is possible for a specific control (like a textbox)

itll be down to changing your Windows theme im afraid.

Sorry I could not have been of more assistance. If I find anything ill be sure to post

Friday, August 18, 2006 6:26 PM
  • I'm forced to agree with ahmedilyas.

In order to do this you've got two options, either change it as far as Windows is concerned... or paint the entire area yourself... which does take a bit of work.

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:09 PM

All replies

• I don't think its possible, but it is possible for a specific control (like a textbox)

itll be down to changing your Windows theme im afraid.

Sorry I could not have been of more assistance. If I find anything ill be sure to post

Friday, August 18, 2006 6:26 PM
  • I'm forced to agree with ahmedilyas.

In order to do this you've got two options, either change it as far as Windows is concerned... or paint the entire area yourself... which does take a bit of work.

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:09 PM
  • You could possibly use the GetSystemParametersInfo() API function with  SPI_SETNONCLIENTPARAMETERS.  This is not easy to do in C# and will change the title bar font for *all* windows, not just your own.  As an alternative, you can fake your own title bar on a borderless window.  The ControlPaint class helps you draw all the necessary window elements.  The mouse handling is tricky though...
    Friday, August 18, 2006 7:51 PM
  • First of all thank you for all your replies. Not the suggestions I was hoping for, as we still have a need for bigger fonts, but something is just difficult.

Thanks again.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 8:47 AM