Oracle.dataaccess.dll reference in network env with ClickOnce installation RRS feed

• Question

• We were stable in our Oracle and windows config for a long time and my app worked fine.  Now, we have some users on Oracle 12G, some on Windows 10 and my app is not happy!  I am getting Oracle Errors.  I am trying to figure out how to include the oracle.dataaccess dll in the app so the client machines are more consistent.  I guess I don't know how to do that.  I see a lot of options with the dll reference.  Copy Local? Embed? Path?  Specific version? I have tried various combinations and I cannot get it to work.  Suggestions would be appreciated.  Or references to read.  

Thanks,

Dave

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Dave,

>>I am trying to figure out how to include the oracle.dataaccess dll in the app so the client machines are more consistent.

Please try the following solution:

Add the dll as a reference to your project, then set the "Copy Local" to True:

Then set the publish status to "Include":

If the dll still does not appear in the "Application Files", try this instead:

1, Add the third-party DLL file to your project (right-click on project, add existing item...). Set 'Build action' to 'None' and set 'Copy to Output Directory' to 'Do not copy':

2, Delete your reference to that DLL file. Re-add the reference, and browse to that DLL file in your project and select it.

3, On the reference, set 'Copy Local' to 'True'.

4, set the publish status to "Include".

Now it should show up in application files, because your code references a local copy, and it is set to deploy it.

Note that this doesn't work for all assemblies; some just MUST be installed in the GAC. But it's free to try. If it has to be in the GAC, it will tell you when you try to install it.

Refer: ClickOnce deployment, but a referenced DLL file is not being deployed.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Bob Ding Friday, November 24, 2017 6:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by cboshdave Monday, November 27, 2017 3:14 PM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 2:11 AM