none
WCF Client - channel fault RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a WCF service with TCP endpoint. I'm trying to connect to it from Store app - C#.

While opening comm channel (by calling OpenAsync()), I get "Channel Faulted" exception.

What are the possible cause of this error? is any specific about Store app with WCF?

Thanks. 

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 12:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Dhruvesh,

>>is any specific about Store app with WCF?

To consume WCF Service from Windows Store app, you need make all configurations in code(in your store app) and you need to make all service calls async using the task based pattern. I'd like to suggest you take a look at below document firstly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh556233(v=vs.110).aspx

To troubleshoot the channel faulting, here is a blog introduced the best practise to handle the situation, for your information.

If the issue still exists, it is better if you can provide some code snippets here to better explain the issue.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:32 AM

All replies

• Moving to WCF forums.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:16 PM
  • Hi Dhruvesh,

>>is any specific about Store app with WCF?

To consume WCF Service from Windows Store app, you need make all configurations in code(in your store app) and you need to make all service calls async using the task based pattern. I'd like to suggest you take a look at below document firstly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh556233(v=vs.110).aspx

To troubleshoot the channel faulting, here is a blog introduced the best practise to handle the situation, for your information.

If the issue still exists, it is better if you can provide some code snippets here to better explain the issue.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:32 AM