none
Open test case query in Excel then see html tags in test steps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I use Test Manager 2013. After I open test case query in Excel, it presents me test steps wraped with html tags. I realized that in Test Manager, every test step has rich format support. But in this case, I think it's causing trouble in Excel, make the test steps non-reader-fridendly.

Can we switch the rich format off?

thanks,

Remember to mark reply as answer if it answers the question.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 3:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

TFS test case steps are stored in the format of action and expected result format hence when you export them to excel, it shows html representation of it.

I would suggest you to use test case extractor tool from here -

http://testcaseextractor.codeplex.com/

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Vivek

Please mark it as answer if it solve your issue Or Vote it if it is useful post for you.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

TFS test case steps are stored in the format of action and expected result format hence when you export them to excel, it shows html representation of it.

I would suggest you to use test case extractor tool from here -

http://testcaseextractor.codeplex.com/

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Vivek

Please mark it as answer if it solve your issue Or Vote it if it is useful post for you.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:09 AM
  • Thanks Vivek, This tool does do what I want, however, I could not connect TFS Service Project through it. I think it's just incompatible with VS 2012. I may rebuild it with latest binaries when I'm free.

Best regards,

Forrest

Remember to mark reply as answer if it answers the question.

Monday, October 14, 2013 5:21 AM
  • Hi Vivek,

Test  case extractor is not compatible with VS 2013. Is there any way I can export TCs successfully without HTML tags in Steps?

Thanks,

Akanksha

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 5:56 AM