none
C# Excel Graphing - Opening Excel Chart editting menus RRS feed

• Question

• When you are trying to use C# to automate graphs... Is there a way that I can open "Chart Wizard" (the menu not the void method), "Chart Type...", "Source Data...", "Chart Options...", etc. which, when in Excel, all appear when you right click on the chart. Is there a way to open these by using a button on the WindowsForm of my application? Or would I have to create my own interface that edited to chart values directly with methods and such (ex: xlChart.ChartTitle.Text = ....)?

Thanks for any help!!
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:51 PM

Answers

• Nevermind I'm just going to create my own interface to edit the settings... Thanks for your help! :)
    • Marked as answer by Shadow244 Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:12 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:12 PM

All replies

• Interesting... Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately I'm working in the tens of thousands of rows :P And there is not really any way I would be able to get the money for a full version

However I am not really in need of all of these fancier Excel automation programs... I really just need a yes or no answer on whether or not it is possible to open these menus with standard Excel automation or if I would need to change all of the chart properties with my own code
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:01 PM
  • Nevermind I'm just going to create my own interface to edit the settings... Thanks for your help! :)
    • Marked as answer by Shadow244 Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:12 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 7:12 PM