none
How to setup a software project so that different cross compile targets for the project map to diff. TFS branches of a single project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

How can I  setup a software project so that different cross compile targets for the project map to diff. TFS branches of a single project?

For eg- a C++ app-- with targets being Linux 32bit, 64 bit and ARM> 3 branches of same repo in VSTS Online-> TFS repository>

Yours sincerely,

Arvind.

Arvind I K Chari.

Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Arvind,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

If you mean the configuration and platform, we do not need to do it, it depends on the configuration and platform that you selected in the VS, we just need to change the configuration and platform before we build this project, please have a look at the following:

1. Right click Solution name under Solution Explorer windows and choose ‘Configuration Manager’
    2. Choose configuration and platform for solution or projects
    3. Change configuration and platform for solution in VS as below

1. Build the whole solution or the specific projects

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:45 AM
  • Hello Sara,

Let me explain a bit more- I want that x86 Linux is stored in one branch of TFS online. Then the x64 Linux is stored in another branch. And so on. How do I do this? The repo is a TFS online repository.

Yours sincerely,

Arvind.

Arvind I K Chari.

Friday, December 22, 2017 10:19 PM
  • Hi Arvind,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

The X86 Linux and X64 Linux means the Configuration or Platform?

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 25, 2017 9:33 AM
  • HI

x64 Linux in my case means the app is designed to run on x64 Linux machines.

Similarly, x86 Linux means the target architecture for the app is x86 Linux.

Yours sincerely,

Arvind.

Arvind I K Chari.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:50 PM
  • Hi,

How do you identity the app target? Project property?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 1:42 AM
  • HI

I am using VS 2017 Community Edition- in it I have to create separate projects targeting Windows and Linux ---- the 32 bit and 64 bit is a property within each of these 2 projects.

So I want one branch for linux 32 bit, then separate branch for Linux 64 bit and similar branches for Windows 64 bit and 32 bit.

If at the very least, separate branches can be created for Linux and Windows respectively that would be acceptable (but only if the above 4 branches config does not work or is not possible.

Yours sincerely,

Arvind.

Arvind I K Chari.

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Hi,

You can create branches, then change settings (e.g. linux, windows) and check in changes for each branch.

On the other hand, I would like to know what's the detail requirement of creating multiple branches and what's the problem that you just work with a branch?

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:32 AM