none
Microsoft Test Manager - Verify Bugs Query RRS feed

• Question

• Currently in Microsoft Test Manager if you select:
    "Test" > "Verify Bugs" then change the view to "Custom", click on "Filter" and then press "Edit 'Custom' " a Query window is opened.

In that Query window the following line is present by default: Team Project = @Project along with other lines of your choice.

What I am trying to do is remove the "Team Project = @Project" from the query so that I can run a query to return bugs from 1 or more other projects, however, I find that even after removing this line no results are returned. If I remove the line and then press "Save query" I find that when I return to the query window the line "Team Project = @Project" has returned again and as such I am led to believe that it is not possible to actually remove this query line and it is therefore not possible to query bugs from other projects.

The reason I am trying to do this is because our development department have a number of projects for different versions of our software which is fine from a development perspective but doesn't work so well from a testing standpoint as it makes managing test cases and Shared steps a complete nightmare so we are trying to create a central project where all test cases and shared steps are stored and can be versioned. This means that our test cases will need to be linked to bugs and/or user stories from other projects.

Is it intended functionality that is stopping from from querying bugs from other projects and if so then why (as it is possible to query test cases from other projects if necessary) or is this just a bug?

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:49 PM

Answers

All replies