none
TFS 2015 and Project Server 2013 - Publishing a project from PWA

Question

• Dear TFS users,

I have successfully integrated TFS and PS. By successfully i mean i registered an instance and mapped fields.

Now I expect that when I create a project in PWA, the same project will be created in the TFS. But this does not seem to be the case. Am i expecting something that is not supported?

It does not seem logical to me that I have to manually create a project in both TFS and PWA and then type the command to associate a project plan to a project in tfs (the following)
    TfsAdmin ProjectServer /MapPlanToTeamProject /collection:tpcUrl /enterpriseProject:EnterpriseProjectName /teamproject:TeamProjectName /workItemTypes:ListOfWorkItemTypes /projectFieldForWorkItemType:ProjectFieldName

Is there a way to automate this procedure so that when I publish something in PWA the same project is created in TFS?

Sincerely,
    Petar

Thursday, March 09, 2017 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi PetarB,

You could not complete creating the same project in TFS when publish a project in PWA automatically.

You need to manually associate an enterprise project with a team project using the command you post above in TFS 2015.

You could submit a feature request : https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-services  The development Team of TFS is listening to users' voice here.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by PetarB Monday, March 13, 2017 8:13 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 2:45 AM