none
VS2010 - Javascript intellisense/syntax highlighting not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello , I am using VS2010. In one of my projects the Javascript intellisense/syntax highlighting not working , after it was fine for  two years.All text is just black and white ,no syntax coloring. In the same solution in other projects the js seems to be ok (but i can't tell for sure , I just tried to open js file but not working with it). In all other solutions there is no problem at all. If I open the .js file in another solution - it seems fine .If I open a file from another solution in the problematic solution - it also NOT colored . It seems there is some kind of a problem with the specific solution. I tried to open an new solution , and to import the files from the problematic solution - it DIDN'T help. When I debug the file - the dynamic copy in memory is colored fine.

I think it might have something to do with the TFS , because the problem started at one of my colleague's computer and after he checked in and I did the get latest version I had the same problem as well , and all other colleagues had the problem after they took the last version.

Please help me , this is unbearable  to work like this.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you change the extension file name?

As I know, if we change the extension file name, VS can't recognize it.

Another way you can try:

Right click the file->Choose open with-> choose HTML editor.

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:21 AM
  • Hi ,

All files are with .js extention.

I tried to open with HTML editor - still no colors.

What else can be done ?

Maybe some settings in csproj file ?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:32 AM