none
MSBuild project Error

Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to build a project using MSBuild. My project contains .net Core and other Nuget Packages. I am able to reference all the necessary files. But when i try to build the project it throws the "

The target "CreateManifestResourceNames" does not exist in the project"

kindly help me to build this project.

Monday, September 18, 2017 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi srinivasavaradhan,

Thanks for posting here.

What the version of Visual Studio and .net core you are using? Have you ever do dotnet restore before dotnet build?

As far as I know, if you are using .net core sdk 1.0, you are responsible to manually to run dotnet restore before any other command.

For the detail information, you can refer to the Misleading error if project is not restored before `dotnet build`.

If above not help you, please share me more detailed steps to reproduce this issue or upload a sample by onedrive,then share me the link.

hope this helps.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:28 AM
  • Hi Leo,

I apologise for late reply. I was assigned to other task which i could not able to check and update you. 

based on the above post, i have done the dotnet restore. It has restored dotnet core 1.1. But when i build the same error occurs.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

with regards,

Srinivasa varadhan

Tuesday, December 05, 2017 12:45 PM