none
Visual Studio 2017 Website Mock-up or Prototype tools RRS feed

• Question

• Does Visual Studio 2017 have any mockup or prototype tools? I need to create some webpage layouts for approval but I don't see them in blend or in Visual Studio?

• Edited by ResidentX10 Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:56 AM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi ResidentX10,

As far as I know, in previous version of Visual Studio, we could use SketchFlow with Visual Studio Blend to create, communicate, and review prototypes for interactive applications and interactive content. But it supported to Visual Studio 2013.

Start from Visual Studio 2015, it is not supported in Blend. The same in Visual Studio 2017. And I also don't find any other tools to replace it.

I have submit this requirement to Visual Studio User Voice. You could vote it and add your comments for this requirement from below link.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/30962215-visual-studio-2017-website-mock-up-or-prototype-to

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:22 AM
  • Can you confirm some things for me?

1. SketchFlow was used for WPF and Silverlight development. Is it possible the XAML/Enterprise Edition of Visual Studio might have it?

2. Can you see if there are any prototype tools in the VS store?

Also, I voted up your requirement.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 2:45 PM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

>> 1. SketchFlow was used for WPF and Silverlight development. Is it possible the XAML/Enterprise Edition of Visual Studio might have it?

I'm using VS2017 Enterprise and I have checked my Visual Studio 2017 and Blend, both of them don't have SketchFlow.

>> 2. Can you see if there are any prototype tools in the VS store?

I don't find any other prototype tools for Visual Studio 2017. But I found a tools named Infragistics Ultimate which is works for Visual Studio 2015.

Since Visual Studio 2017 is released for a short time, there are many tools have not update to support VS2017. I suggest you use VS2015 before there has any prototype tools in VS2017.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:38 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

If your doubt had been resolved, please mark the helpful reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If still has any questions on your original problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:00 AM
  • These are designer tools and I think Microsoft and Adobe have made a tacit agreement on who should develop a wireframe tool. Adobe now has a product called Adobe XD which is beta and used for prototyping, http://www.adobe.com/products/experience-design.html

I installed the tool yesterday and will work with it to see its capabilities. Since creative cloud is only $50/month this is a better than buying a best of breed wireframe/prototype tool. If I can put energy here I think the tool can be ready faster. 

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

Thanks for your response and thanks for sharing your discovery here.

If you have accept the Adobe XD tool, please mark it as answer, which could help other communities who also finding this type of tool.

And if you still want to find more better tool, I suggest you change this thread as General Discussion to let more communities join in to help us find better tools.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:43 AM