TFS 2015 and Project Server 2013 - Publishing a project from TFS

Question

• Dear TFS users,

I have integrated PS and TFS and can publish tasks, user soties , etc. from project professional.

However, when I create a task in TFS, and click refresh in Project Professional 2016, it does not show any value.
    What is the proces to create a task in TFS and then see it in Project Professional or Project Server?

I have also added fields to the task, such as project server submit (the value is yes) and Project server enterprise project name (I added the name of the project).

I think i am missing something.

Sincerely,
    Petar

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi PetarB,

The Team Foundation Add-in is built-in add-in provided by MS Office. If it doesn’t show in the ribbon, please go to File tab -> Options -> Add-ins to confirm the add-in is in the Active Application Add-ins group.

If it is in the Inactive Application Add-ins, please click Go besides Manage combobox and check the add-in. My TFSofficeadd-in path is  C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Team Foundation Server\14.0\x86\TFSOfficeAdd-in.dll.

Then in Project Options window, check the Team in Customize Ribbon tab.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by PetarB Friday, March 24, 2017 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi PetarB,

In Project Professional, you need to Click Get Work Items button, then find the query result, select the new task you created before to show on the list.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 11:47 AM
  • Thank you for your response Yan,

However, I have received the following error. I will try and google for answer on this, maybe you can help? 

Best regards,
    Petar

Thursday, March 16, 2017 2:07 PM
  • Hi Petar,

Could you please try to use Project Professional in another machine to connect with TFS?

Or you could try to restart the Project.

Could you get the latest task in query result?

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 17, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi Yan,

Thank you for your response. Actually, when I open MS Project Pro I don't even see the team ribbon.
    Does this mean I have to install TFS on every client PC or?

I can see all tasks in TFS, and I can update the tasks which already came from Project Pro. But I cannot create a new task in TFS and then get it to Project!

Sincerely,
    Petar
    Monday, March 20, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Hi PetarB,

The Team Foundation Add-in is built-in add-in provided by MS Office. If it doesn’t show in the ribbon, please go to File tab -> Options -> Add-ins to confirm the add-in is in the Active Application Add-ins group.

If it is in the Inactive Application Add-ins, please click Go besides Manage combobox and check the add-in. My TFSofficeadd-in path is  C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Team Foundation Server\14.0\x86\TFSOfficeAdd-in.dll.

Then in Project Options window, check the Team in Customize Ribbon tab.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by PetarB Friday, March 24, 2017 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 2:34 AM