Using SFTP adapter in BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• We need to use SFTP adapter in production environment meant for a commercial application. I found one from CodePlex here : http://sftpadapter.codeplex.com/ Would there be any legal complications if we use that in production environment too given the fact that our application is a commercial application. I need to be very sure about it. Please help.

Please mark as answer if this helps you. Thanks and warm regards Ambar Ray Solution Architect - Microsoft Technologies

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:29 AM

Answers

• It is under the Ms-PL license . There should be no problems with it in production if you are follow this license. 
    "...you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software

There are a lot of discussion about this license in internet like here. It is one of the best open source license.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: the Naming Conventions in Examples

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:51 AM

All replies

• It is under the Ms-PL license . There should be no problems with it in production if you are follow this license. 
    "...you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software

There are a lot of discussion about this license in internet like here. It is one of the best open source license.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: the Naming Conventions in Examples

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:51 AM
  • You can also use this, better supported but paid.

http://www.nsoftware.com/products/biztalk/adapters/sftp.aspx

-Ankur

• Proposed as answer by Ankur Billore Friday, March 22, 2013 11:57 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 11:28 AM
  • There are more 3rd party SFTP adapters, and from a customer perspective I'd always go for a paid one with support.

However, for research or development purposes a Codeplex adapter is just fine.

Maybe the SFTP adapter that ships with BizTalk 2013 will work on BizTalk 2010?

Jean-Paul Smit | Didago IT Consultancy
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 + Certified SOA Architect

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Friday, March 22, 2013 12:33 PM