none
Drag drop html table in powerpoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello... i've been dealing with this problem for quite a while:
    Our company develops addins for word/excel/ppt (both 2003 and 2007)

One of the options our addins offer is to drag a table from the addin into the application
    This is implemented in 3 different ways:
    1. Excel --> we create a tab delimeted string and drag-dropping it as DataFormats.text
    2. Word --> we create an RTF table, and drag-dropping it as DataFormats.rtf
    3. PPT --> we create an HTML table, and drag-dropping it as DataFormats.html

everything is working great in both the 2003 & 2007 apps, except for the powerpoint 2007, which doesn't seem to support any kind of html dropping

We've tried everything but we're beginning to despair... anyone knows how to resolve this?
    Nissim Trabelsy
    Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Nissam

I don't think you're going to get an answer to your question in this, the VSTO, forum. The forum mainly targets the VSTO technology and there's little to no knowledge of the internal workings of PowerPoint, here. What you're asking is a very specialized question...

FWIW I think I recall seeing a discussion about exactly this in one of the office.developer newsgroups (either automation or com.add_ins) some time back. An MSDN subscriber was asking, so a response came from a dedicated Microsoft person who researched the issue. I can't recall the answer, though, although the impression I have was that it was unfavorable. But if you can turn that up in an Internet search...

The other place to ask would be the PowerPoint newsgroup.

You'll find links to all of these newsgroups in the VSTO forum's Please Read First message.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:23 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Nissam

I don't think you're going to get an answer to your question in this, the VSTO, forum. The forum mainly targets the VSTO technology and there's little to no knowledge of the internal workings of PowerPoint, here. What you're asking is a very specialized question...

FWIW I think I recall seeing a discussion about exactly this in one of the office.developer newsgroups (either automation or com.add_ins) some time back. An MSDN subscriber was asking, so a response came from a dedicated Microsoft person who researched the issue. I can't recall the answer, though, although the impression I have was that it was unfavorable. But if you can turn that up in an Internet search...

The other place to ask would be the PowerPoint newsgroup.

You'll find links to all of these newsgroups in the VSTO forum's Please Read First message.
    • Marked as answer by Tim Li Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:23 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 8:15 AM
  • Come on Cindy! you've been a lot of help for me before... I've gone up and down through every forum (including microsoft newsgroups) - but no one could answer my question. Isn't there anyway you could help me here?
    Nissim Trabelsy
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:15 PM
  • How about the first link in this Google search? It's the conversation I remembered seeing...
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:24 PM