none
Can not find ToolTip from CodedUi Test ( UWP App) RRS feed

• Question

• I have CodedUI test for UWP app and need to get text from tooltip which appear after mouse hover on the element.

Visible ToolTip located in PopupRoot element in Visual Tree. I can not locate it from CodedUi Test when tooltip is on the screen.

How could I locate PopupRoot with ToolTip from Coded Ui Test ? Is it possible?
    Maybe is it present different way to get text from tooltip?

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Darina Kholodova,

In my side, I could not get the Tooltip service when the mouse hover on the element, because when I try to drag the cross button from the Test Builder the Tooltip has disappeared.

Coded UI for UWP not support recording, and we could only need to capture elements with cross button, but when mouse leaves the element that the ToolTip service message will disappeared. And the control does not provide me ToolTip property, so we could not capture it so far.

But we could capture the ToolTip control (not service) with Coded UI. So I have submitted a feedback to the Visual Studio User Voice about whether could capture the ToolTip service message of UWP control, you could vote and comment it. I think engineers from Microsoft will evaluate this issue seriously.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/17039800-whether-could-capture-the-tooltip-service-message

And you could mark this reply as answer, which could help others, who have the same issue, vote and comment it.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 7:46 AM