none
Cannot deliver unversioned files using wix installer patch (msp) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

My question relates to this- https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370532.aspx 

I have delivered an unversioned file using patch 1 (msp 1). Now the content of the file is changed and packaged into Patch2 (msp 2), but the msp 2 doesn't seem to be replacing the older file.

I have checked the File versioning rules for unversioned files, though my scenario satisfies all the conditions, my msp 2 simply doesn't replace. Am i missing something here?

Monday, November 6, 2017 11:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Any suggestions over this issue?
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:58 AM
  • Hi Mounkia_K,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is about .Net Framework Setup and Servicing, from your description, this issue is much related to WIX installer, I suggest you could post in https://support.wix.com/en/about-wix/contacting-wix-support  to get a better professional support.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐Moderator Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mounika_K Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:00 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mounika_K Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Thankyou!
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:26 AM
  • Hi Mounika_K,

You are welcome:)

If you have any question about installing .Net framework ,please feel free to contact us, we are willing to help you solve it.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:29 AM
  • Wrong link, the homepage of WiX Toolset is
    wixtoolset.org
    • Marked as answer by Mounika_K Tuesday, July 23, 2019 11:49 AM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:05 AM