Cumulative Flow diagram does not show correct timescale when importing user stories RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am busy migrating from Rally to VSTS and I am having some trouble getting the Cumulative Flow diagram to show the correct timescale (the diagram shows state changes for all user stories on the day of the import and not the day they were closed or activated).

I have used the REST API to import all of the User Stories and I go through and set the states and the dates for each state as follows:

New -> Active -> Closed

Each of these is a separate update to the work item and looking at the History tab you can see the 3 revisions all correctly displayed.

For the Active state, I set the "ActivatedDate" property and for the Closed state I set the "ClosedDate" property. In both case I also set the "StateChangedDate", "Reason" and "State" properties.

However, when I look at the Cumulative Flow diagram this is what I see:

<there would be a nice graph here if it would let me add an image!>

The diagram only starts at the date when the project was created and it shows all the state changes happening on the day of the import (and not the date they were closed or set to active).

So is there any way to get the diagram to show the data using the correct dates?

Note: It would be good to be able to change the CreatedDate property via the API - maybe this would solve the issue...

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Darren,

Greetings,

This is an artifact of the changed date coming in on the same day of import .It can't "go back in time" as it were to retroactively build the CFD.I would suggest you to export the data to excel and recreate the report because then you can tailor it.

Regards,

Asha

• Proposed as answer by Asha99Moderator Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darren_TV Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:10 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 8:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Darren,

Greetings.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am currently researching to gather more information with regards to your request. I shall revert back to you with an update at the earliest.

Sincerely appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Asha

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:41 AM
  • Hi Darren,

Greetings,

This is an artifact of the changed date coming in on the same day of import .It can't "go back in time" as it were to retroactively build the CFD.I would suggest you to export the data to excel and recreate the report because then you can tailor it.

Regards,

Asha

• Proposed as answer by Asha99Moderator Wednesday, February 17, 2016 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darren_TV Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:10 AM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 8:35 AM